Monday, August 25, 2008

Freedom of Expression

I joke with one of my co-workers that in the four months that I've worked here, that she could write a book about my life. :) There's never a dull moment. I don't really know why some of our lives are or seem so much fuller and others seem so much more...level? Perhaps its perception. Perhaps its the energy that is inside of me that bubbles out and I can't control myself so I get all chattery and then feel silly because I've just bubbled over. And those that are a bit more reserved with their chattiness and life, who tend to hold things in a bit more...I don't really think they think I'm crazy...okay maybe I do. :) But now I can laugh at myself about it. This is me. Chatty Cathy. Energetic and exuberant and I can't contain myself so I'm going to DANCE through this life! And laugh and fall and get back up and cry some and just experience all of the fullness that is available to me.

I went out dancing Friday night. I love to dance. It is an expression that is so freeing and comfortable to me and I have so much fun. I like to techno dance and country dance the most (and slow dance, of course, when there's a significant hunky man in the picture). I don't techno dance by myself, though (unless I'm at home...then I get really crazy!)...I will always find someone to go with me for that, but I can go out to a country dance hall by myself and enjoy myself thoroughly. I had some heavy things on my mind and just wanted to go and be free for a little while. I haven't gone in a very long time. I actually didn't expect to dance much, but thought I'd give it a whirl anyway. I ended up dancing so much I was all sweaty and gross. But good gross. :) And the heaviness on my mind was lifted. Freedom of expression... Good stuff.

I realized while I was there that there was a time in my life when I couldn't go to a dancing establishment without drinking. I had to get rid of my self-consciousness and insecurities and inhibitions before I could really enjoy myself. It's so great that I could go out and not drink...and actually have a better time than I think I've ever had...completely sober. This is victory; poetry in motion.

No comments: