I walked, then walk/jogged, then walked again today.
Walked to the track (.56 miles).
Then calibrated my jog timer on my sensor, so I didn't get this logged (add a quarter mile).
Then walk/jogged around the track (.88).
Then walked again (.59 miles).
Total Miles logged, 6.27 miles with an average 17'ish minute per mile pace. My walk/jog pace was about 13 1/2 minute per mile average.
Running is kinda uncomfortable and painful, particularly for the very out of shape and sedentary folk. But y'know...as I'm sitting here revelling in the after'ness of it, I feel SO GOOD.
I've started a 'walk to jog' training program that I can track online, as well as the 16 mile per month challenge. With these accountability tools, there shouldn't be any reason that I get stalled. If I do, its all my fault. And I don't like to be at fault...so I reckon there's nowhere to go but UP from here, ya? :)
You know what is the greatest about this niftly little sensor toy/tool is that I don't have to think about anything. I don't have to calculate or look at the time, or measure anything. It does it all for me. This is HUGE freedom for me. Cuz really...if I have to think about going around the track four times, then that mile becomes VERY VERY long. But if I'm just out there trottin' along, soaking in the sunshine (yes! The sun decided to come out today! hooray!), listening to what my body is telling me (maybe you should walk for a minute so I can catch my breath...okay I caught my breath, go ahead and start trotting again...), then suddenly, walking/trotting becomes somewhat enjoyable. I plug it into my computer and all my goals, challenges and training programs are automatically updated for me. You have no idea how exciting this is for me! To free my mind of the details so that I can THINK about other stuff. yay! haha :)
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment