Life is grand, y'know? :)
Today, my new boss is letting me out early to go play in the sunshine! Living here in Orygun, it is great when the sun FINALLY decides its going to grace us with its presence. The state has been watered and cloud covered sufficiently...now it's time for some Vitamin D!
Yesterday, it was my birthday again. (Okay, not really, but it felt like it) I got some more new goods to play with. (among them, running shorts!)
When it rains, it pours, really. Funny how life is. When things are good, it seems like EVERYTHING is good. When it is bad, well everything kinda glooms. I'm clearly in the 'everything is good' category these days. :) I know that I can't stay here forever, but it sure does help!
Life ebbs and flows...extreme highs and extreme lows. I try to keep my mind in an even place in the middle somewhere so that when it hits its peaks and valleys, its not as far a distance to meet again in the middle. If I allow life to flow around me and allow and revel in the excitement and just accept the dips for what they are...temporary...the topography of life seems a bit more level.
It's hard not to get overly excited about the fun stuff...I AM a big kid and I never want to lose the excitability of fun stuff. I just have to remember that I can't stay here all the time. It creates a deeper destitution of the spirit when the hard stuff of life is tossed in. It's all about balance. :)
On a different note, I think I'm being called to a missions trip to Cambodia in January. I've wanted and desired to go on a missions trip for many years, but have never felt like a door was open to the possibility. When I became pregnant, it seemed the door would be closed even tighter because single motherhood offers enough challenges on its own without the logistics of travelling like that. However...God is MUCH larger than any situation or circumstance and where His Will is, there will always be a way.
Sunday we had a flyer in our bulletin for a medical missions trip to Cambodia and I felt a door fly open in my spirit. I am very excited by this and feel, without knowing any details or logistics, that I'm already there. This journey has been predetermined and has already begun. The family that watches my daughter during the day has already, without question, offered to watch her during the week I would be gone. It hurts my heart a little bit to think about being away from her for a whole week, but she'll be almost 2 then and I know that if God wills this to happen, then he will also make sure I have peace and comfort on the journey.
It is Springtime...time for new things...for renewal; budding and blossoming possibilities and opportunities. :)
Life is grand. :)
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope you've been enjoying all the wonderful sunshine this weekend!
How exciting about the missions trip. It sounds like things are already falling into place. Looks like God may want you there. :) Good luck with the planning.
Post a Comment