Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Mere Tiny Thread...

Have you ever been reading a book and cross over something that sends your mind a wheelin'...so much so that you can't possibly concentrate on another word that is written? Sometimes...I love it when that happens. : ) I love it when it happens, when I know that I'm being spoken to.

There were several things that came to light multiple times in one day...an indication that I need to stop and pay attention because this is important! Several completely random things that had occurred or I'd heard through the day suddenly appeared on the pages of the book I was reading. Kinda like deja vu...only not really. So much more profound than deja vu; a deep soul piercing realization that our entire existence is but one tiny thread of a giant beautiful tapestry that God has/is creating.

It's more than just ironic that seemingly random things or people or ideas find themselves a way into your conscience because they appear nowhere in life, and then they appear several times in a very short amount of time. It made me really think about how intricately He has designed our existence. He created our paths to cross over, just as threads are weaved together in this tapestry of our life. I'm having some difficulty articulating right now, but this is so huge! How humbling and how small I've become with the realization.

When the threads of circumstance are looked at under a microscope, it looks distorted and ugly and misshapen. But pull the microscope away, and one can start to see a picture that is much larger than we can imagine. Every single thing is for a very distinct purpose and design. Have you seen those pictures that are a large picture, made with hundrends of tiny other little pictures? Imagine one made up of all of our faces...and the larger one being the picture of God. There may even be one out there with Jesus' face. At any rate, when you look at each individual picture, you can't see that it is a pore on the cheek of a larger picture. Amazing.

Also...completely random and of no real relevance to this...but maybe some that I can't see at the moment... I had Chinese food for dinner and then another Asian dish the next day for lunch. Both times, my fortune cookie was empty. How odd is that? How does a fortune cookie get its message missed? I wonder how often it happens? And what are the odds that I would get two message'less cookies in two days. Hm.

No comments: