Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Journey to thyself...

As I wander around the wonderful blogging world I've recently discovered, it amazes and inspires me that I'm really not an island. :) Everyone has a life and everyone's is different, but there are so many who are living and communicating the journey to their core. Who are they? What are they about? What IS this life all about?

Of course, I'm not an island...because everything is not always about ME...but the human condition being what it is (self-centered), finds some peace and calm and contentment knowing that its actually quite 'normal' to be seeking and searching for meaning.

I am so inspired by the runners, the writers, the single moms, the stay at home moms, the Jesuits, the Buddhists, the Dads, the musicians, the students, the teachers, the artists, the pastors...and everyone in between. What an amazing community the blogging world has created! I feel strangely 'connected' to all these people who I've never lain eyes on because I feel this common pursuit amongst us... What IS it all about?

Does anybody really know how and understand how their words so profoundly touch others? Since we all pretty anonymously read each others thoughts, ideas, opinions, expectations, fears, joys, etc...how many lives are affected daily by our journey simply because we decided to share? The tapestry I spoke of in a former post...grows larger and larger and more complex and more beautiful with each passing moment and word exchange. wow.

Personally, I have been touched beyond comprehension and my world has been richly blessed by this community. Who knew? :)

No comments: