Monday, May 12, 2008

In the Beginning...

...She walked an average 17'ish minute mile (pushing a stroller).

I'm 4.22 miles into a little bitty beginner's challenge - walk/trot 16 miles in one month. Piece of cake. I'm going to probably walk most of this, but pick up a little bit of momentum to trot in a week or so.

I'm planning on participating in my first 5k in June. :)

I walked 2.6 miles on Saturday and decided when my body started yelling at me, that I would talk my body out of the nonsense of hurting. It was all about affirmations. I love walking! I love the fresh air! This feels great! It's good to be outside! And then it wasn't so bad. :)

I was thinking about thinking while I was out. But thinking about thinking isn't as good as good ol' spontaneous thinking. So I thought about all the pretty Spring flowers along the way. I love Spring. Time for renewal.

1 comment:

Legs and Wings said...

You are on your way. Good work! Same goes for those beautiful photos - super nice stuff.