Monday, June 2, 2008

The Hug Zone

I went on a retreat this past weekend. I love retreats. There's nothing like being able to get away from the fray and just 'being' for a while. Of course two beach trips a week apart isn't so bad, either. :)(Stay tuned for beach shots on my photography blog.)

Mmmm...where do I start... First, our retreat theme was about 'the Hug Zone'. :) In a nutshell, we are in the eternal embrace of our Heavenly Father. He is always with us. Allowing Him to keep His arms around us is an extended definition of 'abiding in Him.' Abiding, being, existing, in the present moment, present embrace...the embrace that never ceases unless we choose to step out of the hug.

Aren't hugs so comforting? The best kind are the full, complete frontal arms wrapped all the way around variety, where hearts become one. This is where our Father holds us, always. I find peace beyond measure here. Nothing can touch me here...

I'm kinda speechless at the moment. I'll return in a bit. :)

No comments: