Thursday, July 10, 2008

Love Letters

I was surfing the other day. Every now and then when I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by something, whether good or not so good, I take a trip out to the world wide never-never land to root up some inspiration. I feel very deeply most of the time, but don't always have the ability to articulate those depths. So it is helpful to find little tools and 'nuggets' from others to help spark the inspiration within.

While I was surfing, I bumped into this site... Love Letters ...(wonder what I was overwhelmed with on this day?) :)

Modern technology is great, but sometimes I miss the 'olden' days, when folks actually WROTE letters to one another; when personality and character and caring and feeling and emotion showed itself in the hand writing. When doodles and fun stuff could be added...diagrams and caricatures, perhaps random food droppings or tears stain the page of that moment. The connection to the past can be held onto with your hands in remembrance, and read and re-read over and over again to bring us back to a time and place that brings comfort and joy...

Another of my blog family has written of such a relationship and I remember when, myself...when I moved away from my hometown my Junior year in high school, when my best friend and I would write nothing short of a book to one another at least once a week. We needed each other. We were each other's lifeline. I still have those letters. They are buried at the moment, but I'm anxious to find them and 'remember when'...when life was simpler, but we thought at the time that it was so complicated and difficult. Before life got really complicated, there was unconditional love and support across the miles...held onto by unfading ink of varying colors and varieties.

This site listed above and reading the other blog post makes me want to take out my pen and start writing...to everyone that I love and who is important to me. I want them to know from my heart through my pen, in my very personal and distinct handwriting, how much I adore them. They say 'the song remembers when'...but how much more do words remember when...

And you know the greatest thing about the hand written word? There doesn't have to be a reason...just because is sufficient.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Beautiful.