Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Advent Conspiracy
In the current economic climate, there are a lot of people who will struggle more than usual through this holiday season. I personally, have no money to contribute to gift giving of the standard variety this year. Rather than being discouraged, though, I’ve opened up my my box of creative possibilities to serve and give from my heart, rather than my pocketbook.
A few ideas that I have thought of immediately are:
*Clean out closets and donate to homeless and women’s shelter’s.
*Donate extra coats and blankets to homeless and women’s shelter’s or take a journey downtown and hand deliver them to whomever you’ve been lead to.
*I love to bake. The time and love poured into baking and cooking for others is a sure way to warm a heart, as well as the tum! And when has a homemade cookie ever NOT put a smile on your face?!
*I have several hidden gifts of the creative variety that I plan to utilize for blessing others. What do you do with your hands that could bless someone?
*It seems the hand written blessing has gone by the wayside with today’s modern technology. Tell someone how much they mean to you in your own words; your own handwriting.
These are just a few ideas that I have up my sleeve. Do you have any other ideas? Please comment and share your ideas so that we may all benefit and spread love and joy this Christmas Season with the gift of our TIME.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have a friend in Vancouver who worked on developing this campaign. It's really well done.
I have a friend named Alisa who has just been offered a job in Portland. She's from my town in Nova Scotia. Not sure about her timeline just yet. As things sort out I'll let you know.
Boggles the mind to think that providing clean water to the world costs so much less than what we spend at Christmas.
The campaign is well done. Certainly has got me thinking. f
:)
Post a Comment