I'm sensing a theme in my life these days...or maybe its a subtle hint...or not so subtle message.
It's about running...
I find this fabulous blog about running...or mostly about what goes on in the brain pan while running and I find myself really inspired (on so many levels) .... Then my friend says she and some others will be running/trotting/walking the Portland Marathon and wonder if it is something I'd like to do with them. (I have decided to give it a shot) Then... I've been searching for a job for MONTHS now and I started a job yesterday for the leading shoe and sports inspired company in the country...in Running Apparel. I'm surrounded by shoes and runners and inspiration EVERY DAY now!
I think there's something going on here... : )
Perhaps...I'm going to become a runner... Running for my life! : )
Also...the other day I heard a message somewhere...I can't remember where...but it was about our thoughts. We get ourselves so wrapped up in our thoughts and about the negatives of things that we talk ourselves out of so much before we ever even give it a chance. For instance...I'm not a runner today. My legs hurt when I run. I've convinced myself that I'm just not a runner so I'm not going to run. My lungs hurt, my body hurts, my legs hurt when I run. My mind is consumed with these negative things. Of course its painful when I run!
BUT...if I tipped the scale to the other side of things, imagine how much I could accomplish...if I would just talk myself INTO things as much as I talk myself OUT of things. I like running. I love running. I feel GOOD when I run... What inspiration will come when I get myself out there and start...running? I can't wait to find out! (got a few logistical things to work out and then I'm gonna START!)
Phillipians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
No thought will rest in my mind, unless it is positive. I'm going to start running. And I'm not just going to like it, I'm going to love it. And it is going to be GREAT!!! : )
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Funny how life works, huh?
Congratulations on the new job. You should be around a lot of people who can help you get the running started.
The first month or two there was a constant debate about whether I was going out to run each evening. There are always plenty of excuses not to go. But after a while I got to where I missed not being out there.
It's OK to start out walking. Most people hurt because they do too much too quickly. Don't worry about how far or fast you are going. Just get out four nights a week and walk for a few weeks. Then run short distances and walk. Gradually lengthen the running and shorten the walking.
Make sure you get a good pair of shoes that compliment your body's mechanics. You are in an invironment now to get some help in this area.
I don't know if we can accomplish everything through positive thinking. But I'm convinced we can accomplish more through positive thinking than through negative thinking.
Just start moving on a regular basis. If you make that commitment with yourself and keep it in a few months you'll be running.
Hi Craig,
Thanks so much for the encouragement! Right now I'm completely submerged in an environment of athletic energy. It is standard practice for everyone (almost everyone) to take time out of their day for their run or workout. At this point it really boils down to my will because there is no excuse large enough to counter all the arrows pointing to 'GO'! It feels so great! (kinda like the childlike anticipation of Christmas!)
Hey, I've found you through "The Amazing Running Is Mental" Craig too. Been admiring your photos and wanted to say hello and encourage you in your walk with Christ...and now with your running. Just keep stepping out and you'll be fine. There is lots of support for the journey ahead!
Legs & Wings,
Thanks for the encouragement! :) More photos will be added to my blog soon! Keep your eyes peeled for those.
I am so grateful for having 'accidentally' bumped in to Craig's blog a while back. His and the multitude of amazing blogs that I've found in this community have been an enormous inspiration on so many levels.
Thank you so much for stopping by! :)
Post a Comment